If your company needs to file EEO-1 Component 2 reports for 2017 and 2018, you must provide the required information to the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission using the website created by the non-partisan and objective research organization NORC at the University of Chicago. Although you can enter the information manually into their online form, you can instead upload report files at NORC.org. You can use Sage Abra Suite to generate the report files.
Before creating the report files, you must either:
• Apply the EEO-1 hot fix to the Q2-2019 version of Sage Abra Suite.
• Install the Sage Abra Suite Q3-2019 update.
Important! Perform the steps for 2017 and upload the 2017 report file before performing the steps for 2018.
To create the report file:
1. Have Sage Abra Suite calculate the EEO-1 pay band and total hours worked for your employees for the reporting year:
• If you are using Sage Abra Suite Payroll, run Payroll > Processes > Update EEO-1 Pay Data and select the reporting year.
• If you do not use Sage Abra Suite Payroll, you must import a csv file from your payroll program that contains the SSN, date of birth, W-2 Box 1 wages, and total hours for the year (with each employee in a separate row). You then run Employees > Processes > Import EEO-1 Pay Data and select the import file. See Knowledgebase Article 97142 for detailed instructions and a sample csv file.
Note: You can see the results for EEO-1 Pay Band and EEO-1 Total Hours Worked on each employee’s Current Pay page. These can also be viewed for each employee on the EEO-1 Headcount Detail report.
2. Generate the report file:
a. Select Reports > EEO Reports.
b. On the Report List tab, select the EEO-1 Headcount Summary/EFile report.
c. Click the Standard Criteria tab and select the Employer. If you select Multiple for Employer, highlight each employer that you want to include in the Available list, click Select > to move that employer to the Selected list, and then click OK.
d. Click the Specific Criteria tab and specify the year.
e. On the EEO Reports page, click Export.
Tip: Before exporting, you can click Preview to review the report, which now has separate sections for the: • Number of employees by job category/pay band and race/ethnicity/gender code. • Number of hours worked by job category/pay band and race/ethnicity/gender code.
f. When asked if you want to generate the report, select Yes.
g. For File Type, select Electronic Submission and click Export. If you selected Multiple for Employer on the Standard Criteria tab (in step c) and an employee works for more than one of the employers, you must select which employer to report this employee under and click OK.
h. Enter your company’s user ID provided by NORC, select Yes or No for the type of establishment question, and then click OK. You see a message when the EEO-1 file was successfully created.
You can view the file in the Data/Export folder. The filename will start with UPLOADFILE and the reporting year.
Note: The establishment’s HR Setup page EEO-1 tab setting for Type of Report is used to determine the Status Code in the file. Also, the Filed last year setting is used in the file.