Do you struggle with having easily available HR analytical data? Does it take HR hours to pull and format data such as:
Have you ever looked into what a HR Dashboard could do for your company? What is a Dashboard?
HR.com – “A dashboard is an application or user interface that provides visualizations of key performance indicators.”
iDashboards.com – “dashboards are customized for each organization or department taking into account their data sources, business metrics, finance KPIs and departmental goals.”
SHRM.com – “An HR Dashboard is a visual display of HR metrics” A dashboard is a mechanism that allows you to display high level data (performance results, turnover/statistics, etc) in several different formats (graphs, charts, lists, etc.) typically grouped by a filter (company, department, job title, etc). Dashboards can be integrated with your HR system to pull this information alleviating the manual entry of maintaining this data upon each request. They are a convenient way to empower management with analytical data.
When looking for a Dashboard product there are a few things to think about.
1. Define your business needs and goals. It is crucial to understand exactly what types of data you want snapshots of. Not only look at what your initial list of needs are now but also your futuristic needs to allow for growth down the road.
2. Identify where the data is coming from. Do you plan to have your HR system feed your dashboard the necessary information? If yes, you will want to review the requirements for this type of integration with your HR system’s capability. Or do you plan to manually update the data on some sort of a regular basis?
3. Data Integrity – “Junk in is junk out no matter how impressive the product is” This saying holds true with Dashboards. Make sure that the business goals that you have set forth are reachable with your HR data. There may be a need to audit your current data to determine if any cleanup is necessary.
4. Budget tends to be a factor when selecting a new product. Dashboard products can vary significantly depending on the type of configuration requirements. Some products are out of the box ready and tend to cost less. While other products are configurable/customizable and tend to cost more.
5. Product Acceptance……is your management team ready for this type of product? One of the key success factors for a product of this nature is if your workforce will embrace it. Make sure you analyze the attitude of your team on their acceptance of a Dashboard.
May 25, 2023
Get a better understanding of sub-reports and learn how to get totals for labor costs and variable costs. Unlock insights into managing your reports today!
May 24, 2023
Manufacturing software IS NOT just a tool that provides functionality to plan and execute projects from beginning to end while automating materials planning, production tracking and scheduling, and product lifecycle management. Software should never be a "department tool", rather a ecosystem tool.
May 12, 2023
Improve your business management using Acumatica features such as allocations, advances, security, and customized reporting. Learn from an ERP Consultant and former controller how to achieve modern payroll tax compliance and timely decision-making.
April 26, 2023
Discover how technology is causing high turnover rates in accounting positions. Learn about the importance of technology in accounting job satisfaction. Also, how sales professionals can communicate the value of technology solutions to improve their clients’ job happiness.