Copy and Paste Feature - When it comes to entering new items, the copy and paste feature within Acumatica is a very handy tool
• For example, entering a payable from a frequently used vendor is easy to do with copy and paste
• Go to Payables/Bill and Adjustments• Search for the vendor in the search bar located under “All Records”
• Click on the Reference Nbr (in blue)• Click the Clipboard Icon dropdown arrow
• Click on Copy
• Click on the +
• Click on the Clipboard icon drown arrow
• Click Paste
• Verify/Edit the fields
• Pay particular attention to the description, due date, amount, and account (coding)
• Attach the bill if applicable
G/L Account Information Can Include Unposted Transactions - A quick way to balance or find errors is to check the account details before posting journal entries
• Click Finance/Inquiries/Account Details
• Choose the correct company/Branch as well as Ledger
• Enter From and To Period
• Enter Account (can enter account number directly, use the magnifying glass to choose from options, or type in an account name)
• To see details including unposted transactions, simply click the box to the left of Include Unposted and Include Unreleased
Links Included in Reports - Links to accounts are available on financial reports
• Click Finance/Reports/Trial Balance Detailed
• Verify Company/Branch
• Choose Ledger
• Enter Financial Period
• Once the report generates, the account number is blue
• Click on the blue number (link) to directly enter the corresponding account to balance and/or troubleshoot
Ability to Email Reports Directly from Acumatica - There is no need to download a report, create an email in Outlook, attach the document, and send it to recipients. For example, I am processing the weekly payable check run and need to let the owner know the cashflow effect
• Click on Payables/Reports/Cash Requirements (once bills have been approved for payment)
• Choose Report Format• Choose Company/Branch
• Enter Cash Account (or leave blank for all)
• Enter Payment Method (or leave blank for all)
• Enter Vendor (or leave blank for all)
• Click RUN REPORT
• At the top of the page, click on SEND
• Enter the To email (cc and bcc if applicable)
• Enter Subject
• Enter the body of the email
• Click SEND
• Report is attached to the email received and you are done!
Attach Supporting Documentation to Transactions
• Attaching documents to transactions is super easy
• Lifesaving, when you are questioned about transactions after a significant amount of time, has passed
• For example, there are multiple accounts out of balance and you spend a significant amount of time and energy not to mention spreadsheets to balance the accounts.
• When you make the journal entries to balance the accounts, attach the spreadsheet(s) or any other documentation to the actual entry so that it’s easy to pull when it’s audit time or proof of entries is needed.
March 27, 2023
Learn about the top 5 features of Scissortail HCM from an experienced Office Manager and how they have revolutionized her HR processes. From recruitment to compensation management, find out how Scissortail HCM has made her job easier and more efficient.
March 22, 2023
Discover how Scissortail TLM is revolutionizing employee management with customizable add-ons, geofencing, and mobile app features that leverage the latest technology trends in HR industry. Optimize your HR processes and stay ahead of the curve.
March 21, 2023
Discover the impact of Daylight Saving Time (Daylight Savings) on employee pay, including tips for handling shifts that cross midnight, state laws, and job duties. Learn what you need to know to ensure compliance and avoid legal issues.
March 21, 2023
Make performance reviews easier for your HR department and managers with Scissortail HCM. Learn tips and strategies for effective performance reviews and how frequent check-ins can improve employee success.