Creating a new user and validating the credentials only takes a couple of minutes. CS3 will conduct a series of video tips on Acumatica User Security
- Verify the person is setup as an employee.
- From the Main Menu > Organization > Organization Structure > Manage > Employees
- In the Employee ID field > Hit F3
- There are a couple of ways to search for an employee (1) begin typing the employee’s name in the search text box or (2) change the filter search by “EMPLOYEE NAME” / Ascending
- From the Main Menu, Configuration > User Security > Manage > Users
- Username: Create the user name according to the company’s naming convention policy, if applicable
- Password: Allow the system to generate the Password
- Linked Entity: Place cursor in the search field and hit F3. Choose employee name
- Email: verify user email
- In the Status: section
- Verify user is Active
- Mark the checkbox for
- Allow Password Recovery
- Allow Password Changes
- Force User to Change Password on Next Login
- Depending on company policy, the checkbox for: Password Never Expires should be marked or unmarked.
- Roles tab
- Mark each checkbox the user should become a member
- To validate the user profile, LOG IN AS USER
- From the Main Menu click > Configuration > User Security > Manage > Users
- On the top ribbon > click “LOG IN AS USER”
- Acumatica automatically opens another tab of which you are logged in as the newly created user.
- Verify user has permissions according to the granted User Role(s)
- From the Navigation Pane, click on an application to ensure the user can insert, edit, delete according to applicable granted rights.
- After validating the user permissions, Sign Out as the user
- Info Area (top right-hand corner of screen) > click user’s login (i.e. user@company) > click Sign Out
- Close the tab